WILLOW STREET STUDIOS COVID PROTOCOLS
The well-being of our students and their families is our number one priority.
The following are procedures and measures being taken by Willow Street Studios to keep dancers, teachers, and staff members safe. As CDC and Illinois guidelines change, these procedures and measures will be adapted to reflect current best practices.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email the studio directly or call the office.
- Class size will be kept between five and ten students depending on the size of the classroom to provide appropriate distancing.
- The number and scheduling of classes has been spaced to provide less traffic in between them.
Inside the Studio
- The lobby area and hallway outside the studio will be closed to non-dancers. Parents will need to either wait in their vehicles or drop off their child and return at pick up time.
- Dancers should come dressed ready to participate, as the locker room will be closed until further notice.
- Please have your dancer bring their own water bottle, as the drinking fountain will not be usable.
- No dance bags, book bags, etc are allowed in the studio. Carry in dance shoes, stretch bands, etc. needed for class.
- Each dancer will have a designated, distanced area in the classroom.
- All dancers must wear dance shoes or socks in the classroom.
- We will leave doors and windows open with fans running to maximize air circulation as weather permits.
- All dancers and staff are required to wear face masks in the lobby and during class.
- Instructors will adjust their lessons to assure dancers do not reach full exertion so they feel comfortable in the mask.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Dancers must use sanitizer before entering the building. Additional hand sanitizer will be available in each classroom.
- Barres, music equipment, door handles, common areas and bathrooms will be disinfected between every class.
- Please do not bring your dancer to class if they are not feeling well, have had a temperature in the last 24 hours or a cough. We will be happy to find an alternate class as a make-up for their missed class.
- All staff members will be screened and have their temperatures taken before they start their shift.
- Dancers will be screened and have their temperature taken before participating in the dance class.
- Students who appear to be symptomatic will be dismissed and a family member will be contacted for pick up.
Drop off & Pick up
- Being on time is critical! Arrive at least 5 minutes before class. Once class is started there will be no one to do screening and temperature check. The teachers need to start class on time and to end class and pickup in a timely manner to allow enough time to properly clean, disinfect and prepare for the next class.
- Drop off or walk your dancer to the front door. A staff member will be in the lobby to screen, do temperature check and take your dancer to class.
- Parents should pick up their dancer at the front door. Dancers 11yrs and up may walk to their parent’s vehicle.
- Parents will need to sign a release of liability which will state that the COVID Protocol has been read and understood and agree to not hold Willow Street Studios responsible.